Motor Trade

If you earn a living buying, selling, fixing or generally working with cars – even if it’s only part-time – it’s essential to have good insurance.

Motor Trade insurance has been designed to meet the insurance needs of motor traders of any size involved in a number of different areas in relation to this type of business including: 

  • Sale or repair of new or used cars, motorcycles, caravans or commercial vehicles 
  • Bodywork repairers or coachbuilders 
  • Tyre and exhaust fitters 
  • Auto electricians 
  • Agricultural vehicle engineers 
  • Vehicle audio, and security installers 

We are able to arrange policies that offer you a comprehensive range of core covers including defective workmanship, whilst allowing you the flexibility to select from a wide range of additional options to suit your business requirements.

Policies can be arranged to provide you with full all risks on your property including machinery and tools anywhere in the UK. If you have stock in transit, vehicle stock and customers' vehicles at your premises or whilst being driven can also be covered. 

The Road Risks section can be organised to cover you, your spouse and / or your employees whilst driving by relatives and friends, restricted driving, loan or hire of vehicles, private hire and windscreen cover are all options that are available.

The underwriters used by T&R all offer risk surveys providing you with health, security and safety advice. The majority of insurers also provide you, via their approved contractors and suppliers, with discounts on the installation and purchase of a range of fire and security equipment such as alarms, locks, CCTV and vehicle security posts.